About the Initiative
UCI Infectious Disease Science Initiative aims to position UCI as a global leader in research and education in infectious disease dynamics by:
- Fueling the development of new knowledge and insights into the dynamics of infectious diseases and drug resistance.
- Seeking to use data science to answer questions about what factors drive and sustain infectious disease outbreaks and what can be done to predict and prevent the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases.
- Cultivating and strengthening campuswide scholarly collaboration on infectious disease dynamics
- Serving as a leading academic resource for advising and responding to emerging infectious diseases in local as well as global settings
- Developing practical solutions and maximize knowledge translation by conducting community-engaged research and engaging with private and public partners